Ayurveda is one of the oldest forms of holistic medicine and is widely used today, especially in India. Ayurveda focuses on the whole body healing and it says that a person dosha is the only thing that determines personality and health. In short, if you know your dosha, you will know your body type, your personality & overall health.
Vata Dosha is one of the doshas among Tridosha. It is the combination of two elements i.e Air & Space. Among the five elements with which the world is made up, the two elements come under Vata Dosha i.e Air & Space. As per Ayurveda, each person is said to have an equal proportion of dosha. An ayurvedic practitioner can help you in determining your body type & dosha. In this article, we will discuss Vata Dosha in detail.
Everything About Vata Dosha
The Five Sub Doshas Of Vata Dosha
Most of us only know the three dosha’s and Vata is one of them. But do you know that the Vata Dosha is further categorised in five-segment parts i.e its sub doshas? Yes, there are five types of sub doshas of Vata dosha. Each sub dosha tells the direction of movement and is responsible for controlling the actions in the human body. These five sub doshas are
(If you want to know more about these Sub Doshas of Vata Dosha, head over here — All About the Five Sub Doshas Under Vata Dosha)
Qualities of Vata Dominant Individuals
- Vata dominant individuals are slimmer build, lightweight, either very short or very tall.
- They are known for their quick-moving minds and actions.
- They have the power or tendency to do multiple things.
- Vata Dosha dominant people have thinner skin and hair and are prone to dryness.
- Face-wise, these individuals have an oval, narrow face and have smaller eyes.
- Variable appetite, a tendency towards constipation
- Light sleep, possibly interrupted, dreams full of movement
- Lower stamina with bursts of activity
- Drawn to creative activities, dance, and travel
Signs of Vata Dosha Imbalance
When a person experiences Vata Dosha Imbalance or any other dosha imbalance, then the body starts showing symptoms. With the symptoms of Vata Dosha imbalance, one can easily find that there is some disturbance in dosha. These symptoms are mentioned below:
- The dryness of skin, ears, joints, hair, and lips starts
- Bloating, gas, constipation, dehydration, weight loss are other signs of Vata Dosha imbalance.
- The person starts feeling restlessness, dizziness, feeling ungrounded
- Poor circulation, muscle spasm or constriction, asthma, pain and aches, tightness are other signs of the Vata Dosha Imbalance
- A person starts experiencing anxiety, fidgeting, agitation, muscle twitching, palpitations